Grilling Season is here!
Growing up I can always remember the Spring/Summer months of my Dad standing over the BBQ grilling us up a good feast. One of my all time favourite things that he made were these mouth-watering sliced BBQ potatoes.
Over the years I have tried to master what my father made but to no avail, so I have no choice but to keep on trying. The one thing I find with these is there is no set measurement to use, it will simply be based on how much seasoning each person prefers. With that being said, these are the perfect side dish for any BBQ and your family and guest will be so happy scoop up.
Here is how my family makes mouth-watering BBQ Sliced Potatoes:
- Russell Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Wash potatoes, then slice potatoes but do not peel (the peel is the best part).
- Cut a large piece of tin foil (I use the extra large roll), you will be creating a sort of tent around the potatoes.
- Place sliced potatoes in the centre of the foil, overlap as needed.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper & thyme (the amount will base on how much seasoning you prefer).
- Add two Tbsp of butter.
- Fold up the tin foil into a tent.
- Put on BBQ on medium heat for 20 minutes.
TIP Place the shiny side of tin foil against the food you are cooking and the dull side out. The shiny side will deflect the heat and your food may cook unevenly and/or cooking time may need to be adjusted.