Summer has arrived, and with that brings lots of BBQ and potluck type gatherings. This past week we had our first potluck of the season with a neighbourhood potluck. We were asked to provide a salad, being as we are new to the area we wanted to make a good impression.
After some brainstorming with my husband, I decided that I would put together a caesar salad with a twist. Everyone love a good BLT. This is something that is simple and easy to put together and was a huge hit at our potluck, not a single bite came home.
Here are the steps I took to prepare this salad:
- 1 head of Romain lettuce
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 slices of bacon
- Ceasar dressing
- Fry 6 slices of bacon, while these cook you can prepare the rest of the salad.
- Wash and dry lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces and place in the bowl.
- Wash and dry cherry tomatoes, slice in half and spread on top of lettuce.
- Take bacon and break into small pieces and sprinkle over the top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese over top.
- Add caesar dressing as desired and toss the salad to mix the dressing.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese over top and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 6-8 people
May you have a lovely Summer with lots of time spent with the ones you love.