Will you be spending Canada Day in Greater Vancouver this year? Here are some our favourite Canada Day events that will be taking place on Wednesday, July 1st 2015!
- Surrey Canada Day: Surrey’s Canada Day celebration is the biggest Canada Day event in western Canada! It is also one of the biggest outdoor concerts in B.C. And it’s FREE! Make sure to stay for the Fruiticana Fireworks Spectacular that follows the concert. Event runs from 10:00 am to 10:30 pm. For more information about the event visit them online.
- Canada Day at Canada Place – Party & Parade: Canada Place hosts the biggest Canada Day celebration Downtown. Celebration with a free Waterfront Party that includes live music and entertainment on three stages, followed by the annual Canada Day Parade. The event runs from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm; with the Parade starting at 7:00 pm. For more details on the event please connect with them online.
- Canada Day at Canada Place – Fireworks: Watch as the sky lights up in celebration of our nation’s birthday! Don’t miss out on this pyrotechnic extravaganza! The event runs from 10:30 pm to 11:00 pm. For more details on the event and where the best view places are visit them online.
- Canada Day at Burnaby Village Museum: The party will have children’s heritage games; children’s entertainers; a parade; and yummy Canada Day red velvet cupcakes. Admission is FREE; carousel rides are $2.55 each. Activities run from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. For more details on the event please connect with them online.
- Canada Day on Granville Island: This celebration includes a Parade, an official Canada Day Ceremony with cake, a Lobster Man Cookout, live jazz, performers, and MELA!, a South Asian cultural fair. But the best part about this one is that if you are bringing small children you can visit the FREE Granville Island Waterpark! The event runs from 8:00 am to 12:00 am. For more details connect online.
- Canada Day in New Westminster: The event includes awesome entertainment in beautiful Queen’s Park. Enjoy exciting roving entertainment, interactive community display booths and the celebrated ‘Pick-a-Box’ auction. Another great place if you are attending with children as they have a FREE waterpark you can stop by to keep cool. The event runs from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm, for more details connect online.
- Canada Day in Langley: This family fun event has rides, main-stage entertainment, a car show, an assortment of ethnic foods, dog show, fireworks, pony rides, and much more. In addition, the International Festival is hosting its activities during the Canada Day celebrations. So you are getting a 2 for 1! The event runs from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm with Fireworks start at 10:00 pm. For more information please connect online.