Canada Day Challenge 2017
2017 marks the 30th year for the annual Canada Day Challenge, a contest that challenges Canadian youth to explore their vision of Canadian culture and the future; and to express that vision by creating a drawing, photograph, or written piece to submit.
The Canada Day Challenge 2017 is open to Canadian citizens, as well as to youth who are permanent/legally allowed residents in the country of Canada during the Challenge period (see application deadline below).
- Snap It!: Photographs
- Draw It!: Original artwork
- Write It!: Written pieces – short stories, poems, and essays
Youth wishing to participate in the challenge may submit anywhere between one and three entries. Only one entry per category, per person, allowed.
Grand prize (3 winners, one from each entry category):
- An all-expenses paid trip to Ottawa for Canada Day 2017/ 150th anniversary activities, for winner plus one parent/legal guardian
- Winning entry will be featured on Celebrate Canada posters
- Canada Day Challenge Souvenir
- Bonus prize for Write It! Category winner (between 14-17 years old) – spend a week in Ottawa with Encounters with Canada, Canada’s largest youth forum
- Work displayed at Canadian Museum of History during a special summer exhibit
Submitting Your Entry
Written pieces and photographs may be submitted electronically using the Canada Day Challenge 2017 online entry form, or in person or by mail. Drawings must be submitted in person or by mail.
Please visit the Government of Canada’s Canada Day Challenge 2017, linked at the bottom of this page, for further details on how to properly submit your entry.
Entries for the Canada Day Challenge 2017 will be accepted between January 3, and March 31, 2017.
Before You Begin
Don’t waste time on a creation that won’t be eligible to win!
The Canada Day Challenge is not hosted or run by EH Canada. We are in no way responsible for any aspect of running this contest or providing the prizing for it. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this contest, please send your inquiry to the contest host, Canadian Heritage, at PCH.defi-challenge.PCH@canada.ca