Spring Break is upon us and I have been searching for ideas of how to keep my two little boys busy while we are home for two weeks.
This weekend we sat down as a family and created our family’s “Spring Break Bucket List” for 2015.
Here are a few ideas that you could put on your Spring Break Bucket List:
- Spring time scavenger hunt. Put together a list of different Spring items that you may find while you are out on a walk. Head out to your local park and see what you can cross off your list.
- Plant some seeds. Get out your egg cartons, some soil and seeds and plant your seedlings for your garden.
- Go Bowling. Head out to your local bowling alley and knock down a few pins. Great way to get out of the house and get some exercise too.
- Make home-made play dough. What kid doesn’t love to help mom in the kitchen. Great way to have them help and have a fun reward at the end.
- Paint your own ceramics. Check out your local ceramics shop and take the kids in to make a treasure to remember this Spring Break.
- Fly a Kite. Spring is usually a good time to fly a kite as the wind is usually stronger. Stop by your local Dollar Store and pick up a kite and head out to the park and watch it fly or if you are crafty you could even make your own.
- Family Bike Ride. Head out to your local bike trail and explore.
- Go to the Duck Pond. We are very lucky to have a duck pond so close by our house. We plan to go over to the park and have a picnic lunch and feed the ducks some bird seed.
- Bake Cookies. This is a perfect activity to do on a rainy day. Nothing is more comforting than the smell of home-made cookies.
- Family Games Night. Bring out your favourite board games and come together as a family and play.
- Go Swimming. Check out your local public pools and see when they are having their family swim.
- Play with Sidewalk Chalk. Go to your local Dollar Store and pick up a package of side-walk chalk. Go outside and the ground is your canvas.
- Have a Teddy Bear picnic. Invite some friends and their teddy’s over and head out into your backyard and have a picnic.
- Family Movie Night. Bring out the blankets, pillows and the big bowls of popcorn and cuddle up as a family and watch a good movie.
- Paint some flower pots. Grab some flower pots and paint from your local Dollar Store. Paint them and plant some Spring flowers.
Hope everyone has a safe and fun Spring Break!