At Splashdown Park in Tsawassen, BC!
Manager Harold Frederiks was on hand to fill us in on the history and features of the park.
With a range of slides for thrill seekers of all sorts, and a splash park for even the smallest visitors, it’s no surprise that after 31 years in operation there are 80,000-100,000 visitors passing through the gates each season!
Here’s what you can look forward to when you visit:
13 water slides
- 2 pipe-style (enclosed) slides – one is so dark you can’t see where you’re going!
- 4 advanced body slides
- 2 intermediate body slides
- Big Jim’s River Run – a tube slide that offers several plunges into small pools before a final drop into the main receiving pool
- A ramp slide
- Children’s slide area – 5 slides and six shallow pools
The Black Hole
More water features
- Toddler water play area
- Hot tub
Hanging out in the splash park
- Volleyball and basketball courts
- Video game arcade
Food and drink
Pack your own, or buy there!
- Group picnic areas – Picnic tables and la large grassy area for lounging
- Tent and BBQ rental available
- Concession Stand – Carries a wide range of food and drinks
- Goodies Store – Ice cream, sno cones, candy and more
- Catering – U-Cook or BBQ-4-U packages available
- Full change rooms with baby changing tables
- Locker rental
- Umbrellas, life jackets, volleyballs and basketballs available to borrow free of charge
Excited about her borrowed life jacket
Here are some more highlights from our day!
Checking out the children’s slides
Warming up in the hot tub
Someone lost another tooth!
Check out this video that Mr. Karma Junkie Robin Wong put together to commemorate the day.
We’ve been having so much fun hanging out with the YVR Bloggers and their families! You can read about more of our Summer Adventures here.
We received free entrance into the park in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Which feature at Splashdown Park has you ready to wet your pants?